Episode 3x04 "What I Am" monologues


Opening monologue: Meredith Grey

At some point during surgical residency,
most interns get a sense of who they are as doctors and the kind of surgeons
they are going to become.
If you ask them they'll tell you..
They're going to be general surgeons, orthopedic surgeons,
neurosurgeons, distinctions that do more than describe their
areas of expertise.
They help define who they are.
Because outside the operating room not only do most surgeons have
no idea who they are, they're afraid to find out.


Closing monologue: Denny Duquette via phone message

Dad, mom, it's me.
I'm calling from Seattle Grace hospital, where the beautiful, talented and
incredibly stubborn Dr. Isobel Stevens, she's just given me a brand new heart
and promised to marry me.
I know we've had our differences and I'm sorry I've been out of touch.
Believe it or not I was..I was trying to make everything better.
I know you're angry, and I hope you'll forgive me.
See as it turns out, sometimes you have to do the wrong thing.
Sometimes you have to make a big mistake, to figure out how to make
things right.
Mistakes are painful, but they're the only way to find out who you really are.
I know who I am now.
I know what I want.
I've got the love of my life, a new heart, and I want you guys to get on the next plane
out here, and meet my girl.
Everything's gonna to be different now.
I promise, from here on out nothings ever gonna to be the same.
I love you.. bye.

No comments:

Post a Comment