4x02 Recap: Favorite quotes and photos



Meredith: This is the best break-up ever.
Derek: I don't know why we didn't break-up a long time ago.
Meredith: What are you doing?
Derek: Sleeping
Meredith: No..no sleepovers.
Derek: Yes, come on please, it's three in the morning. I gotta work
tomorrow.
Meredith: We agreed, no sleepovers. Broken up people don't sleep
over. Sex only. It's the only part of the relationship that works.
Derek: Yeah, why screw it up with everything else right?
Dinner, conversations, sleepovers..
Meredith: You're mocking my severe emotional limitations.
Derek: You know I can live without conversation. I can live
without meals or sleepovers. Well we shouldn't have sleep
overs because you snore. Mockery, mockery that's a deal
breaker.
Meredith: Okay. Sex and mockery it is.






Chief: What do you think of the board?
Derek: Good..looks good. Good job.
Chief: I didn't do it. I'm delegating. I am being a delegator.
Doing it all different now. Making time for my wife.
Derek: Oh yeah, she talking to you yet?
Chief: Well she will when she sees I'm a delegator.
I should move that surgery up there.
Derek: Junkie.
Chief: Yeah, right right. It's good, it's fine. I'm delegating. Being a
delegator.



Mark: What's wrong with the Chief?
Derek: He's a junkie.
Mark: Him? You're the one that looks all strung out.
Derek: I'm just tired.
Mark: Let me guess; you and Meredith are back together and
you've been up all night doing the horizontal salsa.
Derek: Mambo; Horizontal mambo. Meredith and I, we're just
friends.
Mark: Sexy friends.
Derek: You're like the world's most trivial human being I've
ever met in my life.
Mark: You know the first step to recovery is admitting you have
a problem.
Derek: How many nurses have you slept with this week?
Mark: That's not a problem man; that's an adventure.




Bailey: Would you look at the residents. Big snazzy residents.
Standing around, playing with houseware.
Cristina: Turn a blind eye and the soup tureen's yours.



Cristina: Carnage in the pit. My day's improving. Follow!
Lexie: We're not gonna round?
Cristina: Carnage trumps rounds 3. Write that down. Carnage
always trumps rounds.




Izzie: What about me?
Callie: Were you up late last night? You look a little tired.
Perhaps you should sit this one out.
Izzie: I'm fine. Not up late. Went to bed early. Early and alone.





Bailey: Um, I need a resident to help me out in the clinic to
oversee the new interns while I'm working on this patient.
Callie: I'm sorry I can't help.
Bailey: You can't help?
Callie: The clinic is voluntary Bailey. I'm not gonna force any
residents to go in there with this much going on in the pit. But
you can have as many interns as you need okay.






Meredith: Hey, what's the 911?
Cristina: Mama is here.
Izzie: I'm working with Callie. Gotta find George.
Meredith: Your mother..
Cristina: No no no. Mama. Mama is here.
Izzie: Seen George Mer? He's your intern.
Meredith: Oh, Burke's mother.
Cristina: Make the synapsis fire a little more quickly Meredith.
Meredith: You know I was just with a patient. I'll be very
happy to back there.
Cristina: No no no. You have to help.
Izzie: I'll help. For the mix-master and George's current location.
Cristina: Just get rid of her okay? Politely.
Meredith: What?
Izzie: George!





Meredith: Mrs. Burke. What a surprise. To see you here.
Are you visiting someone?
Mama: You're the maid of honor. Ms. Grey.
Meredith: That's me.
Mama: When you stood up in front of Preston's friends and loved
ones and you said "It's over, it's over. It's so over." Were you
trying to smash the hopes of the best man or were you just trying
to be funny?
Meredith: I..
Mama: Because making light of that situation would be
inappropriate. And to use that moment to send a message to
your boyfriend, well that's selfish. So were you being inappropriate
or were you being selfish?
Meredith: I uh... am um...I apologize. For that Mrs. Mama. Ma'm.
I'm just gonna go. Okay.
Mama: Ms. Grey.
Meredith: Yes ma'm.
Mama: When you report back to Cristina, would you tell her please
that I am waiting for her. And that I will continue to wait for her.
Meredith: Yes ma'm.



Mr Rousch: Kids. Sometimes they're ugly. You have any kids doctor?
Mark: Not that I know of.
Mr Rousch: Not married either are you?
Mark: Afraid I haven't found anybody who will put up with me.
Mr Rousch: Don't do like I did. Don't be a bachelor your whole life.
You can only play the field for so long and suddenly one day your
whole life passes you by. And parts aren't working like they used to.
Mark: They have medicine for that now.
Mr Rousch: They don't have medicine for that all over now do they?
Mark: No, I suppose not.





Bailey: Grey.
Meredith: Yes.
Bailey: Okay, I need you to work in the clinic Grey.
Meredith: Well..
Bailey: No no, before you open your mouth and tell me all the reasons
why you can't, just let me say this. I need this, because I have
idiots..You understand me Grey? Idiot interns are down there in
my clinic. A clinic dripping with my blood, sweat and tears Grey.
And I am not at all convinced that they will not burn it down with
their ineptitude. No I'm not tellin. Cause I understand that I do not
have the authority to tell. So I'm asking. Nicely! Okay I'm sayin
if I ever did anything for you, like I don't know, save your life.
If you ever felt, you owed me a debt of thanks. Now, is when I'd
like to collect. Please.





Chief: This is the best part about the job. Don't ya think? Giving
good people second chances.
Alex: Chief, the one year old, Brian Krissler. He's strung out on
meth.
Derek: What?
Alex: Yeah, it was a meth lab that blew up. This woman and her
husband are running a meth lab.
Derek: Ah yes the joys of surgeondome. Saving the lives of those
that deserve it the most.




Mark: Mr. Rousch I'm gonna ask you a question. I don't want
you to be offended by it. But, the answer could affect your surgery.
Mr. Rousch: Fine, fire away.
Mark: Are you a crystal meth user?
Izzie: Your kidding right? He's like sixty.
Mark: No judgement sir. All I need is a yes or no answer.
Mr. Rousch: Crystal what?
Izzie: It's a drug sir. It's addictive and very dangerous.
Mr. Rousch: Unless you put it in my blood pressure medicine.
I never touch the stuff.
Izzie: What's going on?
Mark: The Krissler's had a meth lab in their apartment. That's
what caused the explosion.
Mr. Rousch: Marla and Dave had a drug lab in their apartment?
Nah. Impossible. Absolutely not. I've known those two for five
years. We go on picnics, to ball games. I babysit for them.
I babysit for drug dealers.





Cristina: Well?
Meredith: How'd surgery go on the mom?
Cristina: She'll live, whatever. That's not the mom I'm worried
about.
Meredith: Oh I tried. I tried. Mama is not budging. She is very
scary.
Cristina: Yeah, obviuosly. What does she want? Did Burke send
her?
Meredith: I don't know. I mean, you have to go. You have to go
deal with Mama. Just go get it over with. And then when your
done come back and tell me all about it. Cause I could really
use a pick me up.
Cristina: Okay, Mama showdown is not for your enjoyment.
Besides my patient is stable and until I'm paged I'm gonna
stay right here. She keeps staring at us.
Meredith: I know
Cristina: Make her stop.
Meredith: You make her stop.
Cristina: You're her sister.
Meredith: I'm an only child. You're her resident.
Cristina: If you have time to stare, you have time to get me
coffee. So move move move!!! 2 stay!
Meredith: Hmm, now see, if you could just do that with Mama.


Meredith: Oh your timing could not have been more perfect.
Where are we going?
Derek: What do you mean, where are we going?
Meredith: You paged me right?
Derek: I did.
Meredith: Good. So on-call room?
Derek: You know I was thinking maybe we could go to the
cafeteria. That you might be hungry. Why are you looking at me
like that?
Meredith: Derek we agreed. S&M only.
Derek: S&M?
Meredith: Sex and mockery.
Derek: Right, S&M.
Meredith: So you're eating lunch?
Derek: I am. Wanna come?
Meredith: NO. Meet me in the lobby at 8 o'clock. And eat your
dinner first.
Derek: Yeah.





Meredith: So the happy little family makes meth.
Alex: No such thing as a happy family. What's with her?
Meredith: Well Mama Burke is here and we don't know why.
My guess is that she's here to kill Cristina. She's hovering
again.
Cristina: If you're done with the charts go fold something like
sheets.
Meredith: What are you looking at? Don't look at her.
Alex: Your sister, she's hot.
Meredith: I'm an only child. Don't talk to me about Lexie.





Derek: He's not returning my phone calls anymore.
Mama: He's doing his best. Do you think..do you think she
really loved him? Cristina?
Derek: I think she loved him the best that she knew how.
Mama: And that would not have been enough for you either?
Derek: No. It would not have been enough for me either.
Mama: So you would have ended it too?
Derek: Well, Burke and I are built differently. He's stronger
than I am. He was strong enough to..we're not built the same.
Mama: Honorable men are all built the same.
Derek: And you think I'm an honorable man?
Mama: Do you know when to walk away? Do you know when
to not take less than you deserve? If you do then you are an
honorable man.





Mark: No, no you are not okay.
Callie: Plus I think, I think my husband is having an affair.
Mark: Well if that's true he's an idiot. If that's true, you need
to talk to him. You know, as an alternative to destroying your
career.






Lexie: Um, Dr. Grey, I was wondering, do you know where the
thermometers are cause..
Meredith: Do you really not know where the thermometers are
Lexie? Or are you just looking for an excuse to talk to me?
Lexie: I..
Meredith: Simple question Lexie, are you an idiot or a stalker?
pause Okay, that was a mean thing to say. I'm aware of that
cause I'm generally not a mean person. But I'm a person who
just doesn't want to know you. And you are a person who's
making that very difficult. So please just stop making it so
difficult for me to not know you. Okay?




Bailey: He had a stroke. A one year old with a stroke.
Alex: You can yell you know.
Bailey: Not my job anymore.
Alex: I'm just saying you can. If you want. I deserve it.
Bailey: Oh you do deserve it. You do deserve Dr. Karev to be
chastised for your stunningly poor decision making. You certainly
earned a reprimand for your unbelievably destructive tactical
error. You got in the face of a drug dealer. You got in the face of
a drug dealer before the police had arrived! hitting him You got in
the face of a known felon while his one year old child was still in
the room. Are you stupid? Are you without intelligence? Cause I
know you were taught better than that. I taught you better than
that Dr. Karev. Getting in the face of a drug dealer. Fool!
Alex: Thank you.
Bailey: Oh no, thank you.





Lexie: I am a nice person. Look, I am. And I don't know what it
is that I did to you. But you know, we have the same dad. So I
was just thinking, that a simple conversation..
Meredith: We don't have the same dad Lexie. You and I, we
do not have the same dad. My dad disappeared when I was five
years old. I never saw him again. Does that sound like the dad you
grew up with? Lexie mouths no I kicked a man out of my bed in the
middle of the night. The world's most perfect man. Who loves me.
And I can't let him. And it doesn't take a shrink to figure out why.
Because our dad chose you. So I'm sure you are a very nice girl
Lexie. But I hope you can understand, you're not a girl I ever
wanted to have to know.





Cristina: Hello
Mama: It took you long enough.
Cristina: Yes. Well?
Mama: I came for Preston's key. I'd like to pick up some of his
things. And the necklace I gave you for the wedding.
Cristina: Yeah, of course. Just leave it under the mat when you're
done.
Mama: Okay, and I wanted to say I'm sorry. I..I've come to
know you I think. And what you love even more than Preston
is being a surgeon. You are planning to continue with cardio-
thoracic surgery, like my son, am I correct?
Cristina: Yes.
Mama: So I'm sorry you lost the man you love. But more than
that I'm sorry you lost your teacher. With him by your side,
you could have become a brilliant heart surgeon.
Cristina: I see.
Mama: You're a strong woman Cristina. I respect that. I wish I
could have been born at another time. I might be more like you.
So I shall leave the key under the mat.
Cristina: Um, can you take the gifts? There are all these wedding
gifts and I can't.. Can you please take them away?
Mama: Of course I can.
Cristina: He's never coming back is he? Not even to say goodbye.
Mama: Remember you're a strong woman.




Mark: Wanna grab a drink?
Derek: I have a problem.
Mark: What's up?
Derek: No, just..I'm admitting, I have a problem.




Mark: Dr Grey, I'm heading over to Joe's. Wanna grab a drink?
Meredith: Oh, no thanks. I'm meeting someone.
Mark: Yeah, Derek asked me to track you down. He's uh,
stuck with a patient. He's not gonna be able to meet you.
He sends his apologies.
Meredith: Okay.
Mark: So, Joe's?
Meredith: I think I'm going home.






~~~
Written by: Debora Cahn
Directed by: James Frawley



No comments:

Post a Comment