4x09 Recap: Favorite quotes and photos


Cristina: You're not dancing.
Meredith: I'm too tense to dance.
Cristina: Which is why we're dancing.
Meredith: My problem is I'm sleeping with a man who's dating.
And I don't care if he dates Sydney. It's the woman he dates
after Sydney. That's my problem. I mean if I had any sense at
all I would break up with the break up sex. There would be no
more break up sexing. If I had any sense..
Cristina: Shut up! Dance it out.
Meredith: You know, I'm gonna tell him. I don't want him seeing
other people.
Cristina: Good. Fine. Whatever.
Meredith: I'm gonna tell him and I feel good about it.
Cristina: Dancing makes you brave.

Izzie: I'm so sick of Meredith and Cristina and their stupid love
affair with each other. That they have to rub in everyone's
faces. Stupid dancing. Bobsy twins. Stupid!!
George: You're ranting. It's kinda early in the morning for
ranting.

Bailey: Hold on hold on..I mess up the rotation schedule. The
residents are gonna dog me all week. Okay.
Tucker: You're never here.
Bailey: I'm here in the mornings. I'm here at night.
Tucker: You're here between midnight and 6am.
Bailey: I'm chief resident now.
Tucker: And I'm loading the dishwasher!!



Meredith: Thatcher's not my problem. He can get drunk all he wants.
I don't care.
Derek: Right
Meredith: I don't care about Lexie either. She's a big girl. She can
take care of herself.
Derek: You talk about them an awful lot for someone who doesn't
care. You care. Because you're you.
Meredith: You're gonna make me late for my meeting with Sloan.
Derek: Well okay then go.
she pauses at the door
What?
Meredith: Nothing, I'm gonna be late.


Nick: They look scared.
Mark: They're medical professionals. A healthy level of fear is
encouraged.
Nick: Okay then, If I do die, it will have been lovely meeting
you all.
Mark: See, the patient is confident. You should be confident.







Derek: Are we friends yet?
Rose: I'm sorry
Derek: Friends. Are we friends? I know I just learned your name
Rose. But I like to think I can call you a friend.
Rose: Why?
Derek: Because if I'm your friend I can tell you about the
licorice stuck in your teeth. Where as a mere aquaintance I'd
smile politely and pretend it wasn't there.
Rose: Thank you
Derek: Yeah

Shane: I'll wait for a guy.
Bailey: You're shy, okay I get that. This is no time for shy.
Now my hands may be smaller than a mans. But my brain
is much larger. I assure you. Now, you're just gonna have to
let me examine you.
Shane: No do not..do not touch me.
Bailey: For the love of..


Chief: Dr. Bailey. You have an emergent situation?
Bailey: He says he wants a male doctor. He doesn't want my
female hands to touch him.
Chief: Let me see his chart. Uh Shane, I'm Dr. Webber.
I'm gonna palpate your abdomen.
Shane: No. No.
Chief: I thought you said he wanted a male doctor.
Bailey: He did.
Shane: I just... I meant I want another. I want a different doctor.
I'll wait for a different doctor.
Bailey: A different doctor?
Chief: You mean you want a white doctor.
I have paramedics hanging upside down. Can you handle THIS?
Bailey: Yes sir.

Chief: Get Stan's wife here now.
Meredith: What do we..how do we..
Chief: We don't.
Meredith: Okay we have a whole hospital...
Chief: The moment we move him, he's gonna bleed out. All the
medicine in the world won't save him. His wife has to get here
soon if she want's to see her husband alive. Now move.

Stan: I need you to help me hold on till Sara gets here.
Ray: I'm not gonna help you. Cause you're not dying.
Chief: Ray, talk to him. Help him.
Ray: Remember the night you met Sara? At Joe's. You used that
stupid line about...
Stan: The one about the bet over the song lyrics.
Ray: Right. What was that song?
Stan: Was uh.. It was..I can see clearly now the rain is gone.
Ray: I can see all the obstacles in my way.
Ray and Stan: It's gonna be a bright bright sunshiney day.
Stan: What comes next?
Chief: I think I can make it now the pain is gone.

Hahn: Can you make time?
Mark: Can you make time for a drink with me after?
Hahn: Did I mention time is a factor here? I'm looking for a
yes or no answer.
Mark: As am I.
Hahn: This may be enjoyable to you Dr. Sloan. But I have a
patient in serious condition. I came to you because legend has
it that you're the best in plastics. But if bad jokes and sleazy
come ons are what I'm in for all afternoon. I'll page who ever's
second best.
Mark: Dr. Hahn. I apologize and I'll clear my schedule.
Hahn: Thank you.

Bailey: I would like to borrow Dr. Yang. Its important. Can you
spare her.
Hahn: Torres can I steal Stevens off your service?
Callie: Yeah I'll give her away for free.
Hahn: Yang's all yours Dr. Bailey.

Hahn: Yang, Stevens!
Dr. Yang, Dr. Bailey has requested your capable hands.
Dr. Stevens take over prepping Mr. Knowleston for surgery.
Cristina: But wait..
Hahn: Oh just take it up with Dr. Bailey Yang!


Derek: What's going on with you and Stevens? Just because I
don't sleep in your house anymore doesn't mean I don't hear the
gossip.
George: Why are we talking about this? We don't talk. Oh you're..
you miss Meredith and you're clinging.
Derek: I'm not clinging.
George: Oh you're clinging.
Derek: No, I'm just making small talk.
George: ah..okay.


Shane: Look I'm hurt. I'm really hurt here.
Bailey: You just lie there and try not to die. Someone will be
here soon to save the master race from extinction.


Bailey: You're not black. But you're not white either.
Dr. Yang will be examining you.
Shane: Oh come on. Are you kidding?


Meredith: I've never seen her before. I've worked in this hospital
all this time. Before today she was a complete stranger to me.
Chief: That happens. It's a big hospital.
Meredith: I've never met her before and yet I'm the person who
handed her the worst day of her life. In her story, that's who I am.
That's who I'll always be.
Chief: That's the job.
Meredith: That's the job. I know.
Chief: Look at me. This day, this day you feel helpless. This day
makes all those other days when you fight to save a life and lose.
This day makes you grateful you have a chance to do anything
at all. You take it in.


Chief: It's time.



Stan: Is my wife inside? Mer nods She won't see any of this?
Meredith: No
Stan: You'll be where I can look at you?
Meredith: I'm right here where you can look at me.

Bailey: If I have to work on this man so do you.
Cristina: Why? You don't need me. He has a swastika on his
abdomen. A giant black swastika. My stepfather's parents died
in Auschwitz.
Bailey: You and I will do this. We will do this and we will consider
ourselves having risen above. We'll rise...above.
~
Shane: And it's just gonna be you two in there?
Cristina: Yes
Shane: No. I need to have atleast one white doctor in the operating
room. So you don't kill me on the table. No offense.
Bailey: No offense. Did he just say no offense?


Bailey: Shepherd
Derek: Yeah
Bailey: I need O'Malley.
Derek: We're about to go into surgery.
Bailey: I need O'Malley.
George: You okay Dr. Bailey?
Bailey: Don't cross me.
George: I wasn't crossing you.
Bailey: I'm rising above. I'm rising above. I do not want to be crossed
while I'm busy rising.
I have to operate on a white supremacist and he has requested a
white doctor to watch me to make sure that I don't kill his crazy
white behind. Now, I need O'Malley can I have him or not?
Derek: Yeah, O'Malley go with Dr. Bailey.
George: Yes sir.
Bailey: Get him to sign the consent then have him anestetized and
ready.
Derek: Dr. Bailey you're well within your rights to pass this on
to somebody else.
Bailey: Well that would make me like him. And I'm not like him.



Rose: You're staring at my chest.
Derek: What?
Rose: I think maybe you're intending to admire my ring. But it's
coming off as you staring at my chest.
Derek: Sorry it's just that, you wear your engagement ring on
your necklace.
Rose: When I was engaged I wore it on my finger. Now yeah
necklace. The stone was my grandmother's I don't want to lose it.
Derek: Sorry
Rose: Sorry why?
Derek: About your engagement. Did you call it off recently?
Rose: Well that's a pretty personal question.
Derek: Yeah well we're friends now. I mean I saved you hours
of potential licorice humiliation. So I think you can..
Rose: It ended a year ago. You have nothing to be sorry about.
It was never gonna work out.
Derek: How come?
Rose: Because I was always very clear about what I wanted and
he wasn't. There's no way to build a future on that.

Meredith: Ray look at me. Don't look at Stan. Look at me.
You are not gonna die today. Okay? Say it!
Ray: I'm not gonna die.
Meredith: You are not going to die today.


George: Dr. Bailey?
Bailey: I'm calling on Jesus this time. Don't bother me when I'm
calling on Jesus. I don't do it very often.



Bailey: Supposed to be having lunch with my husband and
instead I am elbow deep in a Nazi's gut.
George: Yes ma'm.
Bailey: No one better ever call me Nazi again.
George: Yes ma'm

Rose: Nothing it's dead.
Derek: Are you kidding me? I'm in the woman's brain. Are you
kidding me, the navigational system is dead?


~~~
Written by: Krista Vernoff, Shonda Rhimes
Directed by: Michael Grossman

No comments:

Post a Comment